Hazelnuts, or filberts, are by far the most important nut crop grown commercially in the Pacific Northwest.—Hollis Mattson, Puyallup, Washington
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy;. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking soda and cardamom; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in chopped nuts. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 124 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.