- 3/4 cup fig preserves
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 4 shallots, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Mix first eight ingredients. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in batches, starting skin side down. Remove from pan, reserving drippings.
- In drippings, saute shallots until golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Stir in preserves mixture; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add chicken. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- Add beans; return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175°, 12-15 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forFig-Glazed Chicken with White Beans
"This was very good. I made a few changes: cut the recipe in half, used skinless boneless thighs, omitted the beans, substituted dry sherry for sherry vinegar and onion for shallots. I also added about 2 teaspoons of tapioca to the sauce for thickening. The recommended cooking time was about right for the s-b thighs. We’ll have this again!"
"This was a delicious sauce! I added carrots to the beans and both picked up the sauce wonderfully!One note 15 min after the browning and 5 min after adding the beans was no where near enough time. I would make it and extra 30 min to get it to 175 degrees.With that being said I put 1 in 10 recipes I try in my “special book”... this one will definitely be in!Yummy!"