Fiesta Vegetable Salad
A friend shared this recipe with me. Not only does it look pretty, it can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator for several days.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 each medium green, sweet yellow and red pepper, diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bow, combine the vegetables; set aside. In a saucepan, heat the sugar, vinegar, oil, water, salt and pepper over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour warm dressing over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 202 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Fiesta Vegetable Salad in Country Extra January 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.