A friend shared this recipe with me. Not only does it look pretty, it can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator for several days.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 each medium green, sweet yellow and red pepper, diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bow, combine the vegetables; set aside. In a saucepan, heat the sugar, vinegar, oil, water, salt and pepper over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour warm dressing over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Fiesta Vegetable Salad in Country Extra January 2001, p51
Reviews forFiesta Vegetable Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2009
"I did not like this recipe. The green beans were slightly rubbery and the dressing was too tart. My husband was more receptive but I won't be making it again."