Fiesta Turkey Burgers
Turkey burgers don't have to be dry...and this one proves it. This one is moist and quite tasty. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes if you like a little more zing.—Kathy Hogan, Chicopee, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 cup canned Bush's black bean fiesta
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- Mayonnaise, optional
- In a large bowl, coarsely mash beans. Stir in the bread crumbs, egg white, chili powder, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise if desired.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Bush's Black Bean Fiesta Grillin' Beans.
Nutrition Facts1 burger (calculated without mayonnaise): 445 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 789mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.