- 1 package (9 ounces) fully cooked spicy chicken sausage links, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Sour cream and thinly sliced green onions
- In a large saucepan, saute the sausage, sweet potatoes, onion and pepper in oil until onion is tender. Add cumin; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, tomatoes and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in cilantro.
- Garnish servings with sour cream and green onions. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Reviews forFiesta Sweet Potato Soup
"Made exactly as written except I added 1/2 tsp. Cajun seasoning to increase the Cajun flavor. This soup Is outstanding, plus healthy and colorful. I cut up the veggies and put into baggies beforehand, then when I'm ready to make the soup it's easy and fast to throw together. Will definitely make this often."
"This was delicious and well received by my family. I enjoyed leftovers the next day for lunch. It was just hard to peel and cut up the sweet potatoes."