- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in the taco seasoning, water, zucchini, tomatoes and corn; bring to a boil. Add rice.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until the cheese is melted.
3/4 cup: 324 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 642mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.