Fiesta Salad Recipe
If you're tired of the same old chicken salad, try this slightly spicy version. It's attractive and tasty, so it's perfect for every day and special occasions.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3-1/2 cups cooked rice, chilled
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup ripe olives, sliced
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. Stir in rice, chicken, green onion and green pepper. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours. Serve on a lettuce-lined platter; top with tomato, avocado, olives and chips. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 551 calories, 39g fat (6g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Fiesta Salad
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC