If you're tired of the same old chicken salad, try this slightly spicy version. It's attractive and tasty, so it's perfect for every day and special occasions.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3-1/2 cups cooked rice, chilled
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup ripe olives, sliced
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. Stir in rice, chicken, green onion and green pepper. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours. Serve on a lettuce-lined platter; top with tomato, avocado, olives and chips.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 551 calories, 39g fat (6g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Fiesta Salad in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.