Fiesta Rice and Bean Salad
My entire family loves this salad—especially when I fix it with fresh-picked sweet corn. The summery ingredients and fragrant cilantro make it a good match for a barbecued main course. —Diane Lynch, Sugar Grove, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet orange pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions; cool. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add corn; cover and cook for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Drain corn and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, corn, beans, onions, peppers, cilantro and olives. Combine the salad dressing, lime juice and pepper; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.