My entire family loves this salad—especially when I fix it with fresh-picked sweet corn. The summery ingredients and fragrant cilantro make it a good match for a barbecued main course. —Diane Lynch, Sugar Grove, Illinois
Recommended: Top 10 Appetizer Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet orange pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions; cool. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add corn; cover and cook for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Drain corn and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, corn, beans, onions, peppers, cilantro and olives. Combine the salad dressing, lime juice and pepper; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Fiesta Rice and Bean Salad in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012, p39
Reviews forFiesta Rice and Bean Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2012
"brought this to a family gathering and everyone loved"