Fiesta Ribeye Steaks
"This is a great recipe for grilling out or for camping trips," notes Jodee Harding of Granville, Ohio. "Adapt it for indoors by cooking the steaks in a skillet and heating the tortillas in a warm oven."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 8 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups salsa
- Place tortillas on a sheet of heavy-duty foil (about 18x12 in.). Fold foil around tortillas and seal tightly; set aside.
- Drizzle both sides of steaks with lime juice. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Place tortillas on outer edge of grill; heat for 5-6 minutes, turning once. Sprinkle cheese over steaks; serve with salsa and warmed tortillas.
Originally published as Fiesta Rib Eye Steaks in Taste of Home June/July 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.