"I originally served this zippy filling on open-faced French rolls," writes Socorro Kimble of Bakersfield, California. "One day I added some of the leftover mixture to my baked potato at dinner. What a treat! No I make these rich cheesy potatoes often."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium potatoes, baked
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a 13x9-in. baking dish. With a sharp knife, cut an X in the top of each potato. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes or until warm.
- Meanwhile, combine the sour cream, ham, Parmesan, mayonnaise, chilies, salt and pepper; mix well. Fluff potato pulp with a fork. Top with ham mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Editor's Note: If using hot baked potatoes, omit the baking time before adding the topping.