Fiesta Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 6 cups cooked cubed peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, cheese, beans, red pepper, celery, onions and cilantro. In a small bowl, combine salad dressing, salsa and salt; pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 158 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 289mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 14, 2019
Jun 14, 2011
First I must admit I'm not a big fan of mayonnaise so I am always looking for salads that don't use it. Second the salad is good, if you like the textures that are going on in the salad. The amount of dressing/salsa made the salad creamy, i might try a bit more salsa maybe, just to bring that flavor out a little more. Was not a big fan of the crunchy stuff, maybe if it were itty bitty pieces so theres not so much crunch.
Sep 28, 2009
I did the "ole" version of this from Sargento and it is very good. It calls for fat free ranch dressing and jicama was optional. As for quantities, I thought the salad needed more potatoes and less dressing. Regular shredded cheese works better than the fine shredded.