- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, picante sauce, taco seasoning and garlic powder until smooth. Stir in olives, chilies, cheese and onions. Spread about 1/2 cup on each tortilla.
- Roll up jelly-roll style; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Slice into 1-in. pieces. Serve with salsa. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews forFiesta Pinwheels
"This is a wonderful recipe...so good! Note to HB Cook from 2009: yes, there is waste on the ends; but that is your reward for your hard work...you eat the ends. O Happy day!!"
"Always a hit!"
"This was yummy! I made it exactly as written. To prevent the filling from spilling out, I simply stopped spreading it about 1 inch from one side of the tortilla, then rolled the tortilla toward that end. The filling kind of squished and spread itself into that area as I rolled, and there was no spillage. Use a very sharp non-serrated knife to cut it. I am also using this as a sandwich spread with avocado for my quick breakfast this morning. Delicious!"
"We really like this recipe. I usually add some extra cayenne pepper to kick up the heat a bit.I do really disagree with the instruction to refrigerate "2 hours or overnight", though. The first time I made them, I made them a day ahead and the tortillas had turned a bit slimy by the time we served them. Since then I make them just 1-2 hours ahead, and they turn out great."
"Excellent Spicy flavor. Big hit with the guys.Picante sauce is thicker than regular salsa. Use either and make sure its at least medium (heat)"
"Made for a party. Everyone raved about them. They were awesome. Will definitely make again."
"I am very happy to have this recipe. I think I had these years ago, but failed to get the recipe then. Just to clarify, is picante sauce the same thing as the salsa you serve it with, or is it something like Cholula or Tobasco?"
"They tasted GREAT!"
"I've made these on several occasions and they are a big hit!"
"I made these for a superbowl party. Everyone loved them!"