This salad is great for potlucks since it travels well and goes with everything. Have you heard the old wives' tale about planting corn? It says if you laugh when planting corn, it won't grow as high as you'd like!
Recommended: 22 Ways to Eat Corn on the Cob This Summer
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups fresh corn, cooked
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine corn, tomatoes and olives. In a small bowl, combine seasoning mix, oil, vinegar and water; pour over corn mixture and mix well. Chill several hours before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Fiesta Corn Salad in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p32