When time is short, Sandra Castillo relies on this family-pleasing main dish. "It's so easy to fix, and everyone loves the zesty flavor that the salsa and chili beans provide," comments the Sun Prairie, Wisconsin cook.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 10 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Drain macaroni; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine salsa and cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir into the skillet; add the macaroni and beans. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 473 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 878mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 7g fiber), 27g protein.
Oct 24, 2014
Easy and tastes great!
Dec 12, 2012
We thought this was good but needed something more. I may try making again with some mexicorn or black olives and perhaps top with sour cream before serving.