Fiesta Grilled Flank Steak Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the pineapple juice, lime juice, garlic salt and cumin. Score the surface of the beef, making diamond shapes 1/4 in. deep; place in bag. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, salsa, avocado, green onion and cilantro. Cover and chill until serving.
- 3. Drain beef and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 4. Let stand for 5 minutes; thinly slice across the grain. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounces cooked beef with 1/2 cup salsa: 274 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Fiesta Grilled Flank Steak
"A nice flair on the traditional grilled steak. Absolutely delicious."
"Better than restaurant quality flavor. Tender, juicy and it still had that wonderful beef flavor."
"This was really a fun way to serve flank steak. The salsa was really good. I used regular salsa instead of the verde and that too worked fine. I grilled the sliced sweet potatoes, and it did look nice."
"I need to make this again. I didn't let it marinate long enough and the meet was a little tough. But the salsa on top was fantastic!"