Fiesta Fry Pan Dinner
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook turkey and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in the taco seasoning, water, zucchini, tomatoes and corn; bring to a boil. Add rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 377 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 651mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Jan 27, 2015
This is a great dish. We really enjoyed. Lots of good flavors. I used instant brown rice. I think next time I'll use a larger can of stewed tomatoes. Also I thought this would make a good filling in a tortilla.
Jul 19, 2013
Very good. My 2-year-old even liked it!
Oct 7, 2012
We have had this twice and my kids age 15 months to 10 love it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.