Fiesta Fry Pan Dinner
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook turkey and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in the taco seasoning, water, zucchini, tomatoes and corn; bring to a boil. Add rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 377 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 651mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Jan 27, 2015
This is a great dish. We really enjoyed. Lots of good flavors. I used instant brown rice. I think next time I'll use a larger can of stewed tomatoes. Also I thought this would make a good filling in a tortilla.
Jul 19, 2013
Very good. My 2-year-old even liked it!
Oct 7, 2012
We have had this twice and my kids age 15 months to 10 love it!