Fiesta Fruit Cups Recipe
Two types of melon and other fresh fruit combine with peach preserves in this best-of-the-season fruit dish from Karen Ann Bland. The Gove, Kansas reader writes, “These colorful fruit bowls are great to serve for brunch or as a snack.”
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup cubed cantaloupe
- 1 cup cubed honeydew melon
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- Whipped topping, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Brush tops of tortillas with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Cut each tortilla into six wedges; transfer to ungreased baking sheets. Bake until lightly browned, 12-15 minutes. Cool completely.
- 2. Meanwhile, place strawberries, cantaloupe and honeydew in a large bowl. Cut a thin slice from top and bottom of orange; stand orange upright on a cutting board. With a knife, cut off peel and outer membrane. Cut along the membrane of each segment to remove fruit and add to bowl. Gently stir in preserves.
- 3. Divide fruit among six dessert dishes. Serve with chips and, if desired, whipped topping. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 280 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Fiesta Fruit Cups
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC