Fiesta Fruit Cups
Two types of melon and other fresh fruit combine with peach preserves in this best-of-the-season fruit dish from Karen Ann Bland. The Gove, Kansas reader writes, “These colorful fruit bowls are great to serve for brunch or as a snack.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup cubed cantaloupe
- 1 cup cubed honeydew melon
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- Whipped topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Brush tops of tortillas with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Cut each tortilla into six wedges; transfer to ungreased baking sheets. Bake until lightly browned, 12-15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place strawberries, cantaloupe and honeydew in a large bowl. Cut a thin slice from top and bottom of orange; stand orange upright on a cutting board. With a knife, cut off peel and outer membrane. Cut along the membrane of each segment to remove fruit and add to bowl. Gently stir in preserves.
- Divide fruit among six dessert dishes. Serve with chips and, if desired, whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 280 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Fiesta Fruit Bowls in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007