Fiesta Corn Chowder
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and soup is heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 262 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 1383mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Feb 2, 2015
I have made this soup for years and it's our favorite. I think there was a mistake made when the recipe was converted online as this recipe is supposed to have a large can of white chunk chicken in it. My family likes it with two large cans of chicken and we garnish each bowl with crushed nacho cheese tortilla chips.
Jul 13, 2014
Very good recipe. I added some leftover rice.
Mar 11, 2010
My husband and I liked this recipe, but I would have liked it better with some chicken in it. Will try again.
Oct 21, 2008
I add chunked onion and ham pieces to make this a full meal!
Aug 4, 2008
Okay, so I am the one who is spacey. I thought it said chicken but instead it's corn. My mistake, sorry! I must have thought it had chicken because of the broth, so...I think I will try it with shredded chicken.
Aug 4, 2008
This sounds tasty and I would like to try it, however, I notice the only chicken in it is the broth. It seems like the chicken flavor would be disguised by the other ingredients. Was it meant to have chicken chunks or pieces in it? Obviously, I could add it on my own but it would be nice to know if it was first made with or without.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.