Fiesta Corn Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in corn (mixture will appear curdled). Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in the cheeses, chilies and pimientos.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 281 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 425mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 4, 2009
This is a GREAT recipe. but i made the following changes. i used chopped (Jar)jalopenos instead of chilis. and Red BellPepper chopped fine, instead of pimentos... also ended up using 3/4 cup more cornmeal, because i mixed alltogether before i added the wet ingrediants. i'll learn.