Coleslaw with a touch of heat makes a zesty side for barbecue chicken or pork. I also pile it on fish tacos and po'boys. —Fay Moreland, Wichita Falls, Texas
Recommended: Make-Ahead Graduation Party Food
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1 cup chopped peeled jicama
- 6 radishes, halved and sliced
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Lime wedges, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar and seasonings. Pour over coleslaw mixture; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate, covered, until serving. If desired, serve with lime wedges. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Fiesta Coleslaw in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Reviews forFiesta Coleslaw
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 3, 2015
"I made this for a family dinner and was it ever a hit! This is probably the best tasting coleslaw I've ever had!"