Fiesta Chili Dogs
These hot dogs are a hit with my grandchildren. —Marion Lowery, Medford, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) chili without beans
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 24 hot dogs
- 24 hot dog buns, split and toasted
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups crushed corn chips
- In a large saucepan, combine chili and soup; stir in 1/4 cup cilantro, jalapeno and garlic. Add hot dogs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the remaining cilantro. To assemble, place hot dogs in buns; top with the chili sauce, olives, onion and chips.