Fiesta Chicken ‘N’ Stuffing
My mother gave me this recipe at my bridal shower, and I've been making it ever since. Mom knew that every new bride needs recipes for good food that is super easy to make.—Angela Peppers, Memphis, Tennessee
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups crushed stuffing mix
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and milk. Stir in the stuffing mix, chicken, tomato, chilies and onions.
- Transfer to a greased microwave-safe 9-in. pie plate. Microwave, covered, on high for 2 minutes; stir. Microwave for another 2 minutes; stir.
- Cook 1-1/2 to 2 minutes longer or until set and a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with sour cream and salsa if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 306 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 212mg cholesterol, 656mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Fiesta Chicken 'N' Stuffing in Casserole Cookbook