- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 2 corn tortillas (6 inches), chopped
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) pepper Jack cheese
- 2/3 cup salsa verde, divided
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) Southwestern black beans, warmed
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the tortillas, cheese and 1/3 cup salsa verde. Spoon tortilla mixture down the center of each chicken breast; roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Combine cornmeal and garlic salt in a shallow bowl; coat chicken with cornmeal mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Add the water, marmalade, chili powder and remaining salsa to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks.
- Serve chicken with beans; top with sour cream and cilantro. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forFiesta Chicken Bundles for Two
"It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't that good. I picked the recipe out of the magazine simply because it seemed easy and we had all the ingredients on hand."