VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 2 corn tortillas (6 inches), chopped
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) pepper Jack cheese
- 2/3 cup salsa verde, divided
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) Southwestern black beans, warmed
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the tortillas, cheese and 1/3 cup salsa verde. Spoon tortilla mixture down the center of each chicken breast; roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Combine cornmeal and garlic salt in a shallow bowl; coat chicken with cornmeal mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Add the water, marmalade, chili powder and remaining salsa to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks.
- Serve chicken with beans; top with sour cream and cilantro. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fiesta Chicken Bundles for Two in Taste of Home
Reviews forFiesta Chicken Bundles for Two
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2011
"It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't that good. I picked the recipe out of the magazine simply because it seemed easy and we had all the ingredients on hand."