Fiesta Cheesy Potatoes
Potatoes, corn and cheese combine in this cheesy side dish. Serve it alongside any kind of eggs.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 cups frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded pepper Jack cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook potatoes and onion in butter for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the corn, chilies, salt and pepper.
- Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 317 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 482mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Fiesta Potatoes in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.