Fiesta Cheese Rice Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked instant rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. In a bowl, combine the rice, water, tomatoes and bouillon; mix well. Pour into a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 10 minutes. Stir in the sour cream and 1/2 cup of cheese; mix well. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cover and microwave for 45 seconds or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 268 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 591mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Fiesta Cheese Rice
"I've been making this for years since I got the issue in 2002 and I love it! I've added a bit more spice to it sometimes but the original is awesome too! One of my faves! Thank you to the original submitter! - Jamie/indiana"
"This was so easy and delicious. I actually cooked in my Turbo Cooker because I do not prefer microwave but I used 10 minute brown rice and 75% reduced fat cheddar and added a cup of baby carrots, a small onion, chopped and two cloves of minced garlic to round it off. Served it with boneless pork chops and was amazed how the flavors popped! I would definitely make this again and again."