- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese. Add the cheese, cilantro, onion, chili powder. garlic. garlic salt. oregano, red pepper flakes, cumin and hot pepper sauce. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Shape into a ball. Roll in parsley. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1 cheese ball.
Reviews forFiesta Cheese Ball
"A favorite!! I made a few changes. Used green onion instead of white onion which is too strong, doubled the colby jack cheese, used fresh minced garlic and chopped jalepeno instead of red pepper, if you like it spicy."
"The first time I made it following the directions came out disgusting and very spicy. The next time around I doubled the Colby-Jack cheese, used 2tbsp of cilantro, instead of grated fresh onion which was over powering I rehydrated dried onions and used 2tbsps. 1/2 tbsp of chili powder and eliminated the red pepper flakes and the hot sauce. I have made it several times since the changes and my whole family LOVES it! Even my 2 yr old. It has a little bit of kick, but not much. My husband doesn't like spicy foods and he will eat this."
"I just made this and it is absolutely DELICIOUS! So flavorful, but not spicy. I served it with Wheat Thins."