- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) refrigerated corn biscuits
- 3 cups frozen seasoning blend vegetables (about 14 ounces)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Additional salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut biscuits into quarters; arrange evenly in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with vegetables and shredded cheese. Whisk together eggs, milk and seasonings; pour evenly over layers. Top with salsa.
- Bake, uncovered, until casserole is browned and middle set, 35-45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Top servings with fresh cilantro leaves and additional salsa. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forFiesta Breakfast Bake
"This looks wonderful, even with substitutions. Note that the test kitchen substituted, and that this was a contest winner. I'd love it if my store carried corn biscuits, though! Of course, normally I wouldn't rate without trying it, but since the other two reviewers panned it without trying it, here's my counter. And, btw, something doesn't make *sense* not since...."
"Ditto in Illinois. No such items available. Doesn't make since."
"What is "seasoned vegetable blend"? Never heard of it, and no market in my area has it. Also can't find refrigerated corn biscuits."