"A neighbor gave me this quick-and-easy recipe more than 25 years ago, when my children were small," recalls Helen Carpenter of Albuquerque, New Mexico. "You can use your favorite seasoning mix in this bread, so it's very versatile. It makes a tasty accompaniment to most any meal."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chili seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk and seasoning mix. Pat into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 425° for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Editor’s Note: Italian or ranch salad dressing mix, taco seasoning or onion soup mix may be substituted for the chili seasoning mix.
Originally published as Fiesta Bread in Quick Cooking September/October 1998