- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Pour over black bean mixture. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
1/2 cup: 131 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.