Fiesta Biscuit Squares
Life is lively around our house, and time in the kitchen is limited. These biscuit squares topped with ground beef and cheese make a satisfying dinner served with a tossed salad. - Mrs. Dale Snow, Cambridge Springs, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk with a fork until the mixture forms a ball. On a floured surface, roll out dough into a 13x9-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; press dough halfway up the side of dish. Brush with butter. Bake at 325° for 15 minutes. Arrange tomato slices over the crust. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. In a bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese and onion; spoon over the tomato layer. Top with the beef. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and paprika. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 331 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 491mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Fiesta Biscuit Squares in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book