- 3-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in condensed soup, salsa, water and taco seasoning.
Drain noodles; stir into skillet and heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled noodle mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forFiesta Beef & Noodle Skillet
"This dish is delicious and a family favorite. It definitely needed more taco seasoning than the recipe called for. I always make it as a double batch and add at least a package of taco seasoning to it. YUM!!"
"This recipe was delicious in my whole entire family loved it and ate all of it up. The only thing I did different was used a whole package of taco seasoning Instead of the 1 teaspoon. I will be doubling the recipe next time so I have some to freeze because it was so quick and easy to put together and with 6 serving recipe it was not enough."
"Just not memorable. Very average family night dinner."
"What a great recipe! easy to prepare and very flexible if more heat is desired. A keeper"