- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, divided
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, cook beef over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in beans, tomatoes, enchilada sauce and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring occasionally. Stir in 2 tablespoons cilantro.
- In a bowl, combine baking mix, 1/2 cup cheese, bacon and remaining cilantro. Add milk and beaten egg; stir just until a soft dough is formed. Spoon over beef mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with sour cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forFiesta Beef & Cheese Skillet Cobbler
"Big hit with the family! Thank you for the great meal!"
"The cheesy bacon biscuits on top of this are fantastic! They really add a special touch to the beef and been filling."