Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 15 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound Mexican process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 loaf (1 pound) snack rye bread
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings.
- Spread rye bread slices with 1 heaping tablespoon of mixture; place on baking sheets. Broil 4-6 in. from heat for 3 minutes or until bubbly. May be frozen and broiled without thawing. If desired, sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 270 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 753mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Nov 4, 2012
This recipe, minus the onion and plus 1t of garlic powder, has been used in our family for 30+ years. We always have them on hand in the freezer for a quick appetizer for pop-in guests. They always get raves reviews and often requested when we go to parties.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.