Fiesta Appetizer Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) refried beans
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- 1. Combine beans and taco seasoning. Spread mixture on a round 12-in. serving platter. Mash avocados with lemon juice. Spread over beans. Spread sour cream over avocado. Sprinkle olives, chilies, tomatoes, onions and cheese over sour cream. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1/4 cup: 215 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 634mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 6g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Fiesta Appetizer
"This is a classic! My mom has been making this appetizer for the past 20 years. This secret that makes it standout amoung other layered dips is the addition of taco seasoning to the beans. Flavor! My mom would assemble this dish before company would arrive and pull it out of the fridge upon arrival. This allowed her to work on the rest of the meal while guests munched away!"
"I'll be making this one again, for sure! It was easy and delicious!"