Fiery Pumpkin Seeds
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, toss the pumpkin seeds with hot sauce. Combine the chili powder, salt, cumin, cayenne and pepper; sprinkle over seeds and toss to coat. Spread into a greased foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 45-50 minutes or until seeds are lightly browned and dry, stirring occasionally. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 76 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 24, 2013
My husband and I loved this recipe. Every time we care pumpkins I always save the seeds to roast but never found a way to today them that we both liked. I will definitely be doing this again!
Nov 8, 2011
be ready for spicy but yummy!
Nov 1, 2011
These were very easy and tasty.
Oct 17, 2011
May 11, 2010
I brought these to work and everyone loved them!!