Fiery Pumpkin Seeds
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, toss the pumpkin seeds with hot sauce. Combine the chili powder, salt, cumin, cayenne and pepper; sprinkle over seeds and toss to coat. Spread into a greased foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 45-50 minutes or until seeds are lightly browned and dry, stirring occasionally. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 76 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 24, 2013
My husband and I loved this recipe. Every time we care pumpkins I always save the seeds to roast but never found a way to today them that we both liked. I will definitely be doing this again!
Nov 8, 2011
be ready for spicy but yummy!
Nov 1, 2011
These were very easy and tasty.
Oct 17, 2011
May 11, 2010
I brought these to work and everyone loved them!!