Fiery Chicken Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 frozen breaded spicy chicken breast strips, thawed
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 12 wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Heat chicken strips in a microwave according to package directions. Meanwhile, arrange the spinach on individual plates; top with tomato, green pepper, carrots, beans and corn.
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa, barbecue sauce and ranch dressing. Place chicken over salads. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with cheese.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 253 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 790mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 11g protein.
Jul 29, 2013
This was so easy and my husband loved it! I made it without the carrots, because I'm not a huge fan of them. The dressing is awesome.
Aug 11, 2010
This definitely came together quick. The equal portions of the salsa, ranch and BBQ sauce was delicious. I will probably use that as a dip. Next time I would omit the baby carrots though, it was to much of a crunch for the delicate spinach entree.