A mild lemon sauce seasoned with thyme lightly coats this attractive medley of tender chicken, pasta, asparagus, red pepper and peas. -Marietta Howell of Okmulgee, Oklahoma
Recommended: 50 Pasta Recipes from Around the World
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a 12-in. nonstick skillet, saute red pepper in oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the chicken, onions, asparagus, broth, lemon juice, salt, thyme and lemon peel. Cook for 1 minute or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Stir in peas; saute for 1 minute or until heated through. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Transfer to a large bowl. Drain the fettuccine and add to chicken mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fettuccine Primavera in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p31
Reviews forFettuccini Primavera with Lemon Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2012
"I've made this with and without the chicken. Both versions are really good."