VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and leeks over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and leeks are tender; drain. Add mushrooms; cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in cream. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through (do not boil).
- Drain fettuccine; serve with sausage mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fettuccine with Sausage and Leeks in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p29