Fettuccine with Porter Beer Meat Ragu
One of my hobbies is making beer. I have always loved cooking and try to combine the two as often as possible.—David Buzek, El Campo, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 1 hour 20 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) porter beer
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons sliced green olives with pimientos
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and red pepper; cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes, beer, mushrooms, olives, capers and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 1 hour or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaves.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Serve with sausage mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 cup fettuccine with 3/4 cup meat sauce: 469 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 813mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 6g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Rigatoni With Vanilla Porter Meat Sauce in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.