Fettuccine with Mushrooms and Tomatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 1% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and green pepper in oil for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, milk, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually stir into mushroom mixture. Add tomatoes. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheeses. Drain fettuccine; toss with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 387 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 662mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein.
Mar 12, 2011
I tried it and do not consider this a "quick" recipe to make on a weeknight. A lot of ingredients and labor-intensive for a blah meal.
Jan 10, 2011
It was alright. Kind of bland.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.