Fettuccine with Mushrooms and Tomatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 1% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and green pepper in oil for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, milk, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually stir into mushroom mixture. Add tomatoes. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheeses. Drain fettuccine; toss with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 387 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 662mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 12, 2011
I tried it and do not consider this a "quick" recipe to make on a weeknight. A lot of ingredients and labor-intensive for a blah meal.
Jan 10, 2011
It was alright. Kind of bland.