Fettuccine with Chicken
In Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, Gwynne Fleener stirs up this tender chicken and pasta entree to feed her husband and three teenagers in a hurry. It features spinach fettuccine for a colorful change of pace.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat margarine
- 3/4 cup nonfat Parmesan cheese topping
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken until juices run clear. Drain fettuccine; add to skillet. Add milk and margarine. Stir in cheese topping, garlic powder and pepper; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 282 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Mar 30, 2011
I have made this several times...it is quick and easy and the kids love it!
Jun 4, 2009
This was super good - my kids asked for seconds and want me to make it again tomorrow...and we are not leftover people!!