Fettuccine with Brussels Sprouts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, cored and separated into leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup walnut halves, toasted
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute brussels sprouts and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain fettuccine; add to the skillet and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and walnuts.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 592 calories, 35g fat (14g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 541mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 8g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 30, 2014
This was a very good side dish.
Oct 3, 2013
quick and easy, great side dish!
May 26, 2010
My children actually said that they liked brussels sprouts after eating this dish! Very good as side dish to Bruschetta Chicken recipe!
Jun 25, 2009
This was fantastic!! Two things I did differently. I used shells instead of fettuchini. I thought it would be easier to eat as a side dish that way. And, I used pecans instead of walnuts. There was not one crumb left!! I will SO do this again and again!