- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 6 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute leeks in oil for 1 minute. Add asparagus and garlic; saute until asparagus is crisp-tender. Stir in the peas, salt and pepper.
- Drain fettuccine, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Place ricotta cheese in a small bowl; whisk in reserved cooking liquid. Whisk in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and peel. Add to the skillet; heat through.
- Add fettuccine; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forFettuccine with Asparagus and Peas
"This doesn't have the texture that one would expect with a fettucine dish, but it is still tasty."