- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 package (14 ounces) reduced-fat smoked turkey sausage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute sausage, asparagus, mushrooms, onion, garlic and thyme in oil until vegetables are tender. Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir into sausage mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Drain pasta. Add to sausage mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFettuccine Italiana
"I have made this on several occasions and it just keeps getting better. The only thing I add extra is some crushed chili peppers which we like in most dishes. Will definitely make many more times. Oh, I also use Smartfields spaghetti as it is low carb; no cholesterol; low everything else and tastes great!!"
"Flavorful and easy to make. Makes a great weeknight meals."