Feta-Stuffed Prosciutto Mushrooms
Stuffed mushrooms are a classic appetizer, and these sure pack the punch with flavors.—Karen Moore, Jacksonville, Florida
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 25 min.
- 5 whole garlic bulbs
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1-1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup crushed garlic-flavored melba rounds
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 12 baby portobello mushrooms
- 12 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic bulbs (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off of each garlic bulb. Brush with 2 tablespoons oil. Top with rosemary sprigs; wrap in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze softened garlic into a small bowl. Stir in the cheese, melba crumbs, 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, minced rosemary and lemon peel.
- Remove stems from mushrooms (discard or save for another use).
- Fold each prosciutto slice in half lengthwise; wrap around mushrooms and fill with cheese mixture. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; drizzle with remaining oil. Pour broth around mushrooms.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 186 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Awsome Stuffed Mushrooms in Country Woman Christmas 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.