Spinach and feta cheese top crisp slices of French bread in the festive-looking hors d'oeuvres sent in by Alina Abbott of Mesa, Arizona. "I've made these appetizers for parties, and everyone raves about them," she writes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 20 slices French baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine spinach and water. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted, stirring twice; drain and squeeze dry. Add the feta cheese, tomato, onion, mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, salt and dill weed; set aside.
- Arrange bread on a baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Spread each with about 1 tablespoonful spinach mixture. Broil 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 slices: 100 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.